Title: Pakistan Studies
Credit Hours: 02
Develop vision of historical perspective, government, politics, contemporary Pakistan, ideological background of Pakistan. Study the process of governance, national development, issues arising in the modern age and posing challenges to Pakistan.
a. Ideological rationale with special reference to Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, Allama Muhammad Iqbal and Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
b. Factors leading to Muslim separatism
c. People and Land
i. Indus Civilization
ii. Muslim advent
iii. Location and geo-physical features.
Government and Politics in Pakistan Political and constitutional phases:
- 1999 onward
- Economic institutions and issues
- Society and social structure
- Foreign policy of Pakistan and challenges
- Futuristic outlook of Pakistan
- Burki, Shahid Javed. (1980). State & Society in Pakistan, The Macmillan Press Ltd.
- Akbar, S. Zaidi. (2000). Issue in Pakistan’s Economy. Karachi: Oxford University Press.
- M. Burke and Lawrence Ziring (1993). Pakistan’s Foreign policy: An Historical analysis. Karachi: Oxford University Press.
- Mehmood, Safdar. (1994). Pakistan Political Roots & Development. Lahore.
- Wilcox, Wayne. (1972). The Emergence of Banglades., Washington: American Enterprise, Institute of Public Policy Research.
- Mehmood, Safdar. Pakistan Kayyun Toota, Lahore: Idara-e-Saqafat-e- Islamia, Club Roa
- Amin, Tahir. Ethno – National Movement in Pakistan, Islamabad: Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad.
- Ziring, Lawrence. (1980). Enigma of Political Development. Kent England: WmDawson & sons Ltd.
- Zahid, Ansar. (1980). History & Culture of Sindh. Karachi: Royal Book Company
Past Papers Punjab University: