BC-407: ECONOMICS OF PAKISTAN
- Economic Development and its Requisites. Mineral, power, water, forest and Human resources. Influence of resources on economic and social
- Development of Natural Resources
- Agricultural Development: Main products. Food problems, Price of Agricultural products and Government policies, collective and cooperative Farming; Agricultural Finance: Problems and Remedies; Marketing of Agricultural products and problems related thereto.
- Industrial Development: Present position and prospects. Industrial finance and financial Institutions; Localization of Industries; Private and Public Investment; Large Scale, Small Scale, and Cottage Industries, SAMEDA, Marketing of Industrial Products.
- Trade: Main Exports and Imports; Volume, Value and trends in foreign trade and Balance of payments; Trade agreements.
- Transport and Communication: Development of means of Transport and Communication and their role in economic development.
- Economic Planning, Budgeting and Debts
BOOKS RECOMMENDED (Latest Editions)
- Saeed Nasir. Economic Problems of Pakistan. Ilmi Book House, Lahore.
- Government of Pakistan. Economic
- Government of Pakistan. The Five-year
- Amjid Saeed Economy of Pakistan.
- Parvez Hasan, Pakistan’s Economy at the Crossroads, past policies and present imperatives, Oxford University Press,
- Ishrat Hussain, Pakistan the Economy of An Elitist State, Oxford University Press, Karachi.